Makua Lani Christian School will work together with the parents and church to provide a Christ-centered spiritual, academic, and physical foundation that will produce individuals who will be Biblical thinkers capable of serving the world for Christ.
The philosophy of Makua Lani Christian Academy is established from the Christian view of life. The Bible speaks of the moral and spiritual instruction of believers in general and of children in particular. It places a high value upon knowledge and defines its ultimate purpose.
The Bible is specific that education is to begin in the home. Parents are responsible for their children, which includes educating them. The church also asumes the role of teaching to further the maturation process. In order to reinforce the educational ministries of these institutions, Christian schools have been formed.
The basis of educational experiece of a student is found in the person of Jesus Christ and His written word- The Bible. Makua Lani Christian Academy offers an environment that promotes and teaches spirital principles of living. It encourages human relationships within the context of Biblical direction. The curriculum of Makua Lani Christian Academy is created from a philosophy, which places God, not man, in the center of all things. This philosophy stimulates each student to develop each given talent to its highest potential.
The purpose of Makua Lani Christian Academy is to provide a program of scholastic excellence for high school students, centered around the triune God- God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Our intent is to teach God's word in a nondenominational setting.
Statement of Faith
1. The Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.- 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21.
2. There is one God, eternally existent in three (3) persons: the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.- Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30
3. In the deity of Christ- John 10:37, in His virgin birth- Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35, in His sinless life- Hebrew 4:15, 7:26, in His miracles- John 2:11, in His vicarious and atoning death- 1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9, in his bodily resurrection- John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4, in His ascension to the right hand of God, and in His personal return in power and glory.- Acts 1:11, Revelations 19:11
4. In the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that we are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God's grace and through faith alone are we saved.- John 3:16-19, John 5:24, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3-5.
5. In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.- John 5:28-29
6. In the spiritual unity of believers in Jesus Christ.- Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28.
7. In the traditional view of marriage between one man and one woman. Genesis 2:18-24
With the desire to remain united in the salvation and love of Christ, to avoid denominational dissension, the following areas are left to the teaching of the home and church:
Church government- authority, discipline
Time and mode of baptism
Security of the believer
Timing of future events
Second work of grace- baptism of the Holy Spirit
Gifts of the Spirit- tongues, interpretaion of tongues, healing, miracle working, discerning of spirits